Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Snow Day! for The Cutting Cafe

It's snowing, it's snowing!  We've been saying that often in NW WI this winter, and it was true all day yesterday.  We're still digging out from another major dumping of snow.  The weather folks predicted 1-4 inches of snow, moving through quickly in the early morning.  Well, it must have stalled because it was still snowing when I left work at 5:30 PM.  And there were inches and inches more than what was predicted.  Oh, to be a meteorologist -- always wrong, always employed.

At the Cutting Cafe this week, we had several choices to work with:

RAINBOW SHAPED CARD SET...TEMPLATE - CUTTING FILE

RAIN BOOTS SHAPED CARD TEMPLATE - CUTTING FILE SET

FUN WITH SNOWFLAKES....TEMPLATE - CUTTING FILES

SNOW WORD SHAPED CARD TEMPLATE AND CUTTING FILE

I decided two of these cutting files worked well for me, and I combined them:


I used the 

SNOW WORD SHAPED CARD TEMPLATE AND CUTTING FILE and the RAIN BOOTS SHAPED CARD TEMPLATE - CUTTING FILE SET on this card, both from The Cutting Cafe, of course. I used my Silhouette Cameo for the cutting files.


The card base is a standard A2 size (5 1/2 X 4 1/4). Ruby and  Pacifica cardstock are from Close To My Heart. Designer paper is from Echo Park - Winter Park 6X6 pad.  The bits of Kraft paper are Carta Bella. The glimmer paper is from American Crafts, and the two brads are Close To My Heart.
That's it for me.  I've got to put on my hat, mittens, and boots, and clear away the rest of yesterday's SNOW!

9 comments:

  1. Ok…I just wanted you to know I was here and how much I love this card, so cute, Julie! The bold statement and those cute boots are adorable! Another fab creation my friend, you ROCK! {tried to post a comment 3 times, dratted blogger!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love this card Julie!! so adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is SNOW stinking AMAZING...sooooooooooo love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Love the colors. Katryce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card! Beautiful papers.love those boots mittens and cap

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so so so very cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so love this - wish we had a true Jan here in Calie. So over this warm weather

    ReplyDelete