Wednesday, September 18, 2013

We're thinking a bit masculine this week at The Cutting Cafe

Welcome Friends With Flair! I'm editing this post to include all of you!  I've been out of town for several days and won't get home until late this evening, so no time for new creations, but this post has some Unity in it, so I'm linking it up.  I wanted all of my FWF peeps that like SVG files to know about The Cutting Café.  If you comment on The Cutting Cafe's Blog post each Thursday, Regina generously gives away any three sets from her store.  I won several times before I made the design team and it's a great way to add to your SVG collection.
Happy Wednesday everyone! I'm heading across the state for a work related conference today.  I'll be there for the next 3 days.  The good news?  I get to spend tomorrow evening with my BFF and her Golden Retriever puppy.  Yeah!
This week at The Cutting Café, we're bringing out the masculine projects.  And what could be more manly than a pair of bib overalls?
I chose to work with this Overalls Shaped Card file from the Cutting Café Store, and cut it out on my Silhouette Cameo. What do you think? Are they "all boy"?
 
Authentique Papers have some great denim patterns, and that's what I used on this card. There's also red cardstock from Close To My Heart.  The "Cool Guy" sentiment is CTMH as are the buttons.
 
As I was working on the first card, I was trying various things, and ended up with some leftover pieces.  I decided to assemble another card, just for fun. This one has a decidedly more "girlie feel" -- at least on the outside. But wait.  There's a surprise.  Snicker, snicker.
 

 
Again, the designer papers are from Authentique, on a Kraft base.
This one has a sentiment inside, from Unity stamp company.
 
 
Bwahahaha!  You weren't expecting that were you? Enjoy your day, everyone!
 


20 comments:

  1. hahahahaha..........love it...........have a great trip...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, and especially cute with those undies on the outside of the pants. That's just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the overalls cards! Have a great weekend! DH and I celebrated 32 years on Wednesday . We might take off and go to a tractor show tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Overall (snicker!) these are genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG--LOL!!! LOVE it! You totally rocked this, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, Julie. I needed the chuckle this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! You are funny. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool shape card Julie. So fun and unique. Funny on the inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A trio of britches! How fun are these...?! You rock, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol, Julie! They're so cute, and that second one really made me laugh out loud. Hope your trip was good and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute, cute! Love the card! Hope your trip went well - and oooh, puppy! You got to play with a puppy! "Happiness is a warm puppy". :)

    ReplyDelete