Friday, September 27, 2013

It's Friday, It's Fall, and it's Friends with Flair!

I keep thinking, one of these weeks I'll miss linking up to FWF, but here it is, the end of September, and I'm still keeping my New Year's resolution of linking up every Friday.  We'll see if I can make it all year.  It's getting tougher and tougher! Anyone else got a long FWF streak going?
I had a little spare time Wednesday evening, so I wanted to make a card for this week's FWF.  I decided to try some things I don't normally do.  Namely -- CAS, embossing, working with textured cardstock, and using my distress inks.  So, I set about getting inky and having fun.  Here's what I came up with:
 
 
I used two different Unity sets on this card:  Susan Weckesser's "Autumn Grunge" (LOVE these leaves!) and "Grateful Hearts".
I used a piece of Bazzill textured cream colored cardstock for the base.  I embossed the leaves using Ranger gold embossing powder. Then, I used various distress inks throughout the card.  The sentiment was stamped with Close To My Heart desert sand ink.  The bling is from my stash.
I mailed out the card to my BFF, thanking her for having me for dinner last week when I was at conference, and letting me play with her Golden Retriever puppy! So fun!
Hope you have a chance this weekend to create some of your own "Fun Fall memories."
 
I'm entering this card in the My Sweet Earth Create to Live September Challenge



29 comments:

  1. A beautiful warm autumn creation.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Love how you did the leaves. You could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes September Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Julie O! I haven't been able to link up to FwF very often but it sure is fun. KUDOS to you for keeping your resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the textured cardstock. I thought this was a canvas at first. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I agree with Rachel B that I thought it was a canvas background at first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Autumn design, Julie. The texture and colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Julie! Love the look of the inked and embossed leaves. And the textured cardstock adds just the right extra touch of dimension, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Julie! Love the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! I love all the texture you incorporated; even though it's a one-layer card it screams, "Touch me!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that cardstock makes it look like canvas! Great stamping effects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing look on that texturred paper! Keep up the Friday posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man I really want that grungy set now! Just gorgeous here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply beautiful....Luv the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these leaves really pop in your design. So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do so love my distress inks, and I just need to use them more. Pretty leaves, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! Big congrats!! Look forward to creating with you on the CIP team!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on making The CI paints team. I am looking forward to creating with you hugs, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Julie this is lovely! Thanks for the warm comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Julie, your cards are awesome! :-) I am looking forward to working with you at CI Paints, and I am now a new follower of your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is beautiful Julie, love the embossing with the texture and the pretty fall colors. great combination!
    enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wish I could have more noticeable change of seasons at home... Love this season and the colors it brings. Lovely project. Love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card, Julie! It almost looks like a canvas piece, too! Congrats on keeping up with your resolution - I look forward to seeing your FWF inspiration every week, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful card, Julie!!! Just love the colors you used and the technique for the leaves . . . it really does look like a canvas. Again, GREAT job! Thanks so much for sharing . . . and for the inspiration!!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete