Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I'm guest designing for Sweet Stamps! Starting with a Silhouette!

I have a month-long gig guest designing for Sweet Stamps!  I've been excited about this ever since Stacey invited me back in May! I have 5 projects lined up ready to go for the month Woohoo! Can't wait!  Thanks Stacey and Sweet Stamps!
There are weekly challenges at Sweet Stamps, so if you haven't discovered their blog and challenges yet, head on over.  This week's challenge is a silhouette challenge.  I chose the beautiful "Queen Anne's Lace Wildflower" stamp (6008G) to work with:
 
 
I thought I brought everything I would need to make my guest DT projects with when I went on a recent 4-day scrapbook retreat.  I discovered once I got there that I forgot my watercolor paints.  And, that's what I had planned in my head for this card.  So, instead, I used Gelatos.  The pink colored background paper is the top two colors of Gelatos, blended together with a baby wipe.  Then, for the backdrop to the flowers, using watercolor paper, I smudged on some Gelatos, wet down my finger, and blended.  I used Stazon ink for the Queen Anne's Lace Wildflower stamp. Some bling from my stash "tacks" down the corners.
Inside, I stamped this Sweet Stamps sentiment (9126C)...
 
That's it for me this week.  Next week's challenge is BLING! Yeah.  Gotta love that theme! Make a silhouette challenge and come link up!
 
 

 


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I saw your lovely creation across at SweetStamps.com it is so lovely. Love all the colours!
    Sweet Hugs from a "sweetie" at SweetStamps.com
    Denise
    http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pretty card- What a fun way to get color- will have to give my Gelato's a try! Fun to meet you as a Guest DT at Sweet Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another pretty card. I love those gelatos! The name still sounds like a dessert to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Julie!! Love the watercolors behind this beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card with some nice colors and one of my favorite silhouette image. Nice to have you as part of the SS team this month.

    ReplyDelete