Friday, January 25, 2013

Let it Snow! Growing in Unity, Day 5 and FWF

Day 5 of my Growing in Unity week already!  I'm sorry to see it end.  Thanks to all of you who visited my blog each day this week.  If it's your first day here, go back and check out my cards for the week, leave a comment, and you might win Unity rubber!  One commenter will be randomly chosen to pick two Itty Bitty stamps of their choice from Unity.  I'll choose the winner over the weekend.  Good luck!

It's winter in Wisconsin.  The windchill is projected to be -25 degrees when I get up tomorrow morning.  It's cold, but we have very little snow.  If it's going to be cold, I think we might as well have snow.  So, I made a couple cards to celebrate that theme.

 This one uses a Unity stamp of the week, Bernie the Owl.  You gotta love that guy.  The first time I saw him, I knew he needed a speech bubble and some kind of saying.  This seemed appropriate given his snowy perch.  The speech bubble is from Lawn Fawn. The sentiment is Unity's "One of a Kind Winter".  Papers are Fancy Pants Blissful Blizzard 12x12 collection.  I used some Tim Holtz tarnished brass stain on the corregated paper, but it's a little hard to see in the picture.  The twine is from My Minds Eye.  I colored Bernie with Copic markers.  I used some Liquid Pearls on the snow and Icicle Stickles on the pom poms on his hat.
The card base is Echo Park's Wintertime cardstock.  I used Close To My Heart white ink and the Unity stamp set, "Snowflake Kisses" for the background. The bling is from my stash. The snowman stamp is Unity's "One of a Kind Winter" (Susan K. Weckesser). The speech bubble is once again Lawn Fawn. I used some new watercolor paints my husband gave me for Christmas to color the snowman called Twinkling Waters.  I thought to myself, "way to go out on a limb there, Julie, coloring a snowman."  Oh well, you gotta start somewhere!  I used some new watercolor paper from Ellen Hutson for the snowman (also from my DH for Christmas).

I'm entering these cards in Ribbon Carousel's Winter Spirit challenge, and Oozak's challenge #10, Anything Goes plus Pink and Bling, and Creative Inspirations Paints' Favorite Stamp Challenge.

Thanks for a great week!  Have a super weekend.  I'll pick the winner of the 2 Unity Itty Bitty stamps very soon!

48 comments:

  1. It has been a great week Julie! Lovely cards and projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a week of awesome-ness!! Great cards, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards, Julie! I just love that owl! We have some snow. Want me to send it north to you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here in MI, lots of 0 degree temps this week but no snow. It can either warm up or give us some snow! Wonderful cards, I love that little snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards this week !! I love Bert the owl stamp Always look forward to friends with flair to see your creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Julie! love the colouring on the second snowman as the blue really makes him stand out and gives depth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are so fun! So perfect for winter, right? And there's been so much of it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute winter cards....love the little snowman! Yup....gotta love winter in the midwest....I'm right on the WI border....and it's been soooooo cold....lol. The bonus....GREAT time to craft!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how the first card looks so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's finally gotten winter in Georgia too. Today we have freezing rain and temps below freezing.

    It's been a great week--I've enjoyed what you have shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute cards Julie! Great job all week! :0) Thanks for sharing your super ideas!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The owl is so cute. He's all bundled up and ready for snow. Sort of...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your color choices on the owl card. I've never used beige and grey together. Yet. Now I will try it. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute Let It Snow cards--I like the use of speech bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That owl looks great with the word bubble! He's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards. I hope you stay bundled up like Bernie and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute cards love the owl image

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards! That owl cracks me up every time with his disapproving stare. You did a great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Julie, I agree. The owl is such a cutie! Great cards as usual.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all your cards this week. These ones too. If you would like some snow, you can have mine....all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful winter designs. You can send some of that snow down to FL. lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well Julie, these are just perfect to go with the snow that is blowing outside my window! You are having a really great week. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards Julie! I love that funny owl design and the snowman is one of my favorite Unity stamps! It's been a fun GIU week, stopping by your blog each day to see your creations. I am a follower here already so I always enjoy seeing your posts!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  24. Totally cute cards. I love the snow as much as they do. I can't wait till we get more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely cards!! Really sweet :-) Thanks for playing along with us at Oozak Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. your cards are so cute. They made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both so pretty! LOVE that little owl!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Heh, it's snowing in PA right now too! Great cold weather cards, and I really like that cute little snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ohhhhhh...that second card just gets me!! Love the Snowflake Kisses...LOVE that Susan K Weckesser snowman (don't have it yet...may have to give in!)...love watercolors...AND we got snow today (just an inch, but it looked nice this morning)!!

    Great job this week, Julie! :) Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. really cute cards, I like the first the best!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great run this week, Julie! Your winter cards today are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love these Winter cards!! Gorgeous designs, and the snowmen are so cute! WOW, you did a great job this week!! I had so much fun reading all your posts and seeing your wonderful creations. Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both cards are adorable, but that owl is a HOOT lady! Too cute... have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cute card! I've enjoyed your projects over the week - congrats again on being a GIU girl and hey, try to stay warm over there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cute cards! I def. need more Unity stamps now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. You rocked your GIU week!! Thanks for all the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your wintery cards came on Chicago's first "major" snow accumulation. We got a little less than an inch. It was tough driving to work this morning because 1. the wind was blowing what little snow fell and 2. It was a slick snow-all of the interstate ramps were icy. I don't mind snow when I don't have to drive in it! Anyway, great job coloring Bernie-I love his bright scarf! I am interested in the Twinkling Waters water colors. I thought I saw them used on another blog somewhere. Where did dh get them?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Cute cards & I agree.....if its going to be cold, it might as well be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Super cute card!!! I love those Unity Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fabulous cards, Julie! They are perfect to fight off those winter blues! Hope you are keeping warm!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow pretty cold over there. Here in Puerto Rico it's not that cold. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Cut Owl :-) Snowing a great deal here today.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great job Julie your cards are awesome

    ReplyDelete