Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Banners, fabric, and Milestones Layout

Back in January, a friend and I walked to her husband's ice fishing shack on the local lake.  We took my 2 dogs along and they had a blast running on the ice.  I used one of my favorite photos of the day for this layout. Don't they look like they are having fun?
I used a few papers from the Fancy Pants Winterland collection for this layout -- Cards, Shiver, Blustery, and Coat.  Two Echo Park papers were used -- Dots and Stripes Soda Fountain Aqua Tiny Dots and Style Essentials Dark Pink Damask.  I used some fabric on this layout.  There is a felt border and 2 oversized canvas buttons that I inked with Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.   The buttons are October Afternoon. Close To My Heart hemp is threaded through the buttons.  I also cut a page out of a book with a scallop punch and layered it on top of the square canvas button.  I used several Cricut cartridges on this layout.  The banner shapes and the journaling box were cut out with the Art Philosophy cartridge.  Type Candy Font, Cricut American Font and Cricut Classic Alphabet were used.

And here, my photographic assistant, Molly, makes sure the layout meets up to her approval.  After all, she's the star.

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable Julie! I love the papers you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Good luck in the challenge!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete